Order of the Crimson Blade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aiura's MRP Toggle Macro

3 posters

Go down

Aiura's MRP Toggle Macro Empty Aiura's MRP Toggle Macro

Post  Aiura Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:03 am

A lot of the time, I forget to check my current MRP status when I log in. While not a biggie, it tends to lead to MRP saying I'm IC when I'm really OOC and vice-versa, which can lead to confusion in some situations. Generally it's easy to tell when someone is acting in-character, but other times you just can't tell by looking. But by far the hardest thing has been keeping up with my own status. I tend to switch between IC play and OOC play at a moment's notice, and it just isn't convenient to open up my MRP pane and manually enter a number ( or description ) every time I swap modes.

It occurred to me that I could probably write a macro to do all that annoying status swapping for me. It would be so much easier to just click one button every time I need to change my character status instead of opening the MRP pane, clicking status, entering a number, clicking save, and closing the MRP pane. After perusing the MRP addon code, I found the function that I needed in order to make my macro work.

Here's my MRP Toggle macro that I wrote up. It'll toggle your MRP status between IC and OOC as well as report your new status to the chat window ( your chat window - nobody else will see the macro message, but their MRP should recognize your new MRP status within a few seconds ) all in one click.

Code:
/run local s={"OOC","IC"}if CURRENT_MRP_STATUS~=1 then mrp:SaveField("FC","1") CURRENT_MRP_STATUS=1 elseif CURRENT_MRP_STATUS~=2 then mrp:SaveField("FC","2") CURRENT_MRP_STATUS=2 end DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("MRP status now "..s[CURRENT_MRP_STATUS])

Just copy and paste the code into the macro pane, give it a name and a button, and you're good to go! Happy one-click status toggling goodness at your fingertips.

Note: This only works with the latest version of MyRolePlay. Other RP addons will require someone to write a different macro. There should be no line breaks or trailing/leading spaces in the macro. If it fails to run, try re-copying and make sure there are no line breaks or trailing/leading spaces.

Happy MRP toggling!

Aiura

Back to top Go down

Aiura's MRP Toggle Macro Empty Re: Aiura's MRP Toggle Macro

Post  Multack Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:18 pm

I approve.
Multack
Multack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mecha Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Awesome, thanks.
I just have to play with it a bit to get it to show the "In Character, Looking for Contact" status, but, it works!
Mecha
Mecha

http://trevdev.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aiura Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:38 pm

In its current format, there's not room to make it cycle between three modes ( Although I wanted it to ) as the macro just barely fits under the 255 char limit. You'll need an addon such as Super Duper Macro to increase the maximum macro length in order to make it cycle between more than two statuses.

Aiura

Back to top Go down

Post  Mecha Wed May 04, 2011 3:53 am

Bleh, oh well. Thanks anyways for the awesome macro. Using it on all of my chars today.
Mecha
Mecha

http://trevdev.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum