Order of the Crimson Blade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shore leave, as it were

Go down

Shore leave, as it were Empty Shore leave, as it were

Post  Aiura Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:41 am

"Drink this." The doctor known as Eoin handed Aiura a tin mug full of something black. She downed it in one go, grimacing at the foul taste. "Yeaaech, what is this stuff? Siege tank greaser?" she rasped. Eoin was back at his desk, going over some parchments. "That 'siege tank degreaser', as you so delicately put it, is the only reason you're still alive." He located a blank parchment and began scribbling something, but Aiura couldn't see what it was from where she sat on the cot.

Eoin didn't look up when she asked what he was writing. "You," he replied, "are taking a much-needed shore leave, as it were." He didn't exactly get straight to the point either. "One week, minimum. If I see you back before then I'll tan your hide. When you get to Stormwind, give this.." He folded up the parchment and sealed it with red wax. "..to Multack."

Aiura began to protest. "I'm fine, hones-" Eoin cut her off. "Aiura." He peered at her over the rims of his spectacles. "Say it. Say your name." She tried, but her throat was too raw and she went into yet another coughing fit. "See? You can't even say your own name. How often does something like that happen to a death knight, really? I've seen you walking around with cuts that were bone-deep without flinching. But nobody escapes the Forsaken plague unharmed, not even you. Do you realize how lucky you are to be alive?" He let the question hang in the air for a moment.

Eoin turned back to his desk. "Leave your weapons behind, you won't be needing them." Sighing, Aiura took the letter and exited the medical tent. She blinked up at the sky, which despite being overcast seemed very bright after being indoors for so long. What would it be like to live among the clouds, she mused. Free and unburdened. With another ragged sigh, she brought her thoughts back to ground level. She needed to see Murati before she left.

Arriving at the command tent, Aiura hesitated. She couldn't bring herself to report her utter failure to Murati...but she couldn't not tell him, either. She lingered for several moments, dreading his reaction. He has to know... Taking a deep breath, she pushed aside the tent flaps and stepped inside.

Aiura

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum